30 May 2022
Antipa Minerals makes broad progress across Citadel JV Project with 2021 drill program results
Antipa Minerals Ltd (ASX:AZY) advanced the Citadel Joint Venture (JV) Project (Antipa 35%: Rio Tinto 65%) in the Paterson Province of Western Australia across multiple prospects during its 2021 drilling program, especially at the Calibre deposit which was extended 100 metres to the west and 150 metres to the south.
Notable drill intersections from the final six holes at Calibre included:
- 14.4 metres at 1.02 g/t gold and 0.08% copper from 310.6 metres, including 1.8 metres at 7.02 g/t gold and 1.37 g/t silver from 323.2 metres;
- 4.6 metres at 2.29 g/t gold from 387.1 metres, including 1-metre at 7.40 g/t gold and 1.13 g/t silver from 390.7 metres; and,
- 1.3 metres at 4.49 g/t gold from 257.1 metres;
Magnum North also revealed notable gold-silver-copper mineralisation during drilling 800 metres to the north of the main resource, including:
- 18.5 metres at 0.54 g/t gold and 0.23% copper from 102.5 metres;
- 7.2 metres at 0.92 g/t gold and 0.60% copper and 1.80 g/t silver from 395.8 metres, including 2.1 metres at 2.82 g/t gold, 1.38% copper, 4.05 g/t silver and 0.14% tungsten from 397.6 metres, and 1.5 metres at 1.94% copper, 0.33 g/t gold and 3.45 g/t silver from 505.8 metres.
In addition to Magnum North, gold-copper-silver-tungsten mineralisation was intersected at Rimfire East, North, and South delineating a large-scale mineral system stretching over an area of up to 6 kilometres.
Citadel CY2022 exploration program
The JV partnership is planning to undertake an extensive exploration program at Citadel, operated by Rio Tinto. The program will include:
- An 8,000 to 11,000 metre reverse circulation (RC) and diamond drilling (DD) drill program focused on the Rimfire area and select regional targets, including Magnum North, expected to begin in June;
- Geophysical program consisting of induced polarisation (IP), Rimfire ground electromagnetic (EM) and downhole geophysical surveys, targeting commencement in April;
- Identification of further priority target areas, via ongoing processing and interpretation of IP and drilling data (including final 2021 exploration program data) and detailed modelling (Calibre, Magnum Dome and preliminary Rimfire work);
- Possible update to the existing 2021 Calibre deposit mineralisation model and targeted increase to mineral resource estimate;
- Conclusion of the Calibre preliminary metallurgical test-work; and
- Conclusion of a preliminary assessment of a potential Calibre deposit development opportunity.
The JV has budgeted $10 million - inclusive of management fees - to complete the 2022 program at Citadel.
Find Out More