24 May 2023
ProActive Investors - Antipa Minerals has high-potential Minyari Dome targets in sight with drilling aimed at expanding gold-copper resource
Antipa Minerals Ltd (ASX:AZY) is back at the 100%-owned Minyari Dome Gold-Copper Project in WA’s Paterson Province for this year’s resource expansion drilling of new high-potential targets.
The mineral exploration company will focus exploration on “growth-orientated drilling”, with the recently-discovered GEO-01 large gold-copper prospect about 1.3 kilometres south of the deposit at the top of the priority list.
Antipa's 2023 campaign will involve 12,000-15,000 metres of drilling, including up to 9,000 metres of reverse circulation (RC), 5,000 metres of aircore and 1,000 metres of diamond drilling.
Compelling new targets
Managing director Roger Mason said: “We are excited to have the drill rigs turning at Minyari Dome again.
“This year’s exploration program is heavily focused on growth, with testing of compelling new targets offering the potential to rapidly and substantially increase the existing resource base at Minyari Dome.
“We look forward to systematically testing these high-potential targets via the progression of our Phase 1 drilling program over coming months.”
Busy work schedule
From the program, Antipa hopes to:
- Deliver a maiden gold-copper resource for Minyari North;
- Test the revised Minyari Plunge gold-copper target position;
- Provide preliminary testing of several other targets, including Chicane;
- Test high-priority greenfield target areas;
- Soil geochemical sampling program to identify new greenfield gold-copper targets; and
- Limited ongoing Minyari Dome pre-feasibility study workstreams, mainly confined to desktop elements.
The company will utilise the WA State Government’s Exploration Incentive Scheme (EIS) funding grants totalling $660,000 received last month to test the deep plunge target at Minyari as well as the Tetris and Pacman greenfield targets.